Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time to Crawl

There are certain events in our lives that are considered miles stones. Graduating from High School and College, Getting married and your first job. But long before that, we all had several big milestones that most of us will never remember, our developmental milestones.

Early on infants need to smile, hold their head up and track object move in front of them. As the grow they will start moving more and then we look for them to roll over,stand and of course crawl. Crawling is arguably the most important milestone because of its tremendous effect on brain development. Some studies have shown that babies who crawl longer become more coordinated and score higher on aptitude tests.

It is always frustrating for parent when their children don't reach these milestones on time. Well Tuesday in the office I was blessed to help a child reach one. Sadie is a beautiful young girl who first came to see me because she was crabby and not feeding well. She also had a misshapen head from the delivery process. I helped her with the crabbiness and the feeding and my wife helped reform her head with CST (Cranio Sacral Therapy) and she seemed to be doing pretty well. But, she didn't want to crawl. On Tuesday I adjusted her sacrum and set her on the floor so I could check her mom, and as I was checking her mom for subluxation, Sadie started to crawl!

I will never lose the excitement I feel when someone experiences the full expression of life they get from getting adjusted and thank God he made me a Chiropractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment